Sabtu, 14 Ogos 2010

Reaching your goal


Today is the fifth day of fasting in the holy Ramadhan. Time fly and leave you behind without you realizing it. That's the reason why I always reminded my children that if you want to do something, go ahead and do it. Don't try to wait for the perfect time because there will be no perfect time. I remembered the motivational book that I have read many months ago. There are 2 groups of people in the world. First, people who are included in the group of "ready, aim and fire" principle and the second group is using other principle which is"ready, fire and aim". There are many people in the first group where they are spending their whole life getting ready and getting perfect. They are waiting for the perfect time to act but all of us know that there will be no perfect time. So, this group of people will become a looser at the end of the day because they will miss the opportunities in front of them. In another word, they miss the boat. I taught my children to use the second principle in order to be successful in whatever they are doing, be it in their study or in their work. That phrase really taught me a lot of things. What we need to do is, get ready and decide what you want to achieve. Make reasonable plan but please don't take too long. Identify your target carefully and fire or go for it. After that then you see whether your bullet or your action hit the target or not. If you miss it, don't worry. What you need to do is, identify your mistakes or deficiency, determine how far it is from your goal and make some adjustments to get closer to your aim and fire or try again. Keep on firing or trying. Sooner or later, with God will, you will reach whatever you wanted, by making plenty of changes and adjustments rather than persistently waiting and trying to be perfect. If you try to be perfect like in the other group of people, you will end up aiming your target forever, scared to make mistake. At the end you will loose. No man ever became great or good except through many mistakes. Failure is an important part of the learning process. The reasons we know so much because we learned from our previous mistakes. However, don't make a habit trying to make mistake first before you can learn. Well of course, this is so true if you want to learn from your mistakes. Some people, the looser, make so many mistakes and never learned from their mistakes. They blame others for their failures and never blamed them self. Even though they are given so many chances, they don't take that chances seriously and at the end, they end up with nothing. One more thing, we also can learn from mistakes done by others. Blaming other people is a waste of time and a sterile act. Learn from the people around you. These experiences will guide you to achieve your purpose or destination. I have 4 children. When I talked to them about how to reach their targets and be successful person, of course, all of them will give me different reactions. My twins, the naughty most among them will be saying "oh no! not again" especially my Indian-like twin. The Chinese-like one will just smile and agreed completely to what the sister commented. She will listen no doubt but yet to follow. The eldest, Along, will listen and pay attention and try to make sense out of it. Angah, second son, smile and think of something else. Day dreaming. Always out of focus. Syimah, my dearest niece, always make fun to what I have said but I know, she agree and try to learn from it. She is such a happy young girl. Always has no confidence of her credibility and talent. But one thing about them, they are very good children, polite and well behave. As a mother, my children inspire me a lot. I learn from them too. They have very different characters and ways in thinking process. But whatever it is, I have done and taught them what I am supposed to do, now it is all up to them. They will have to make a decision whether they want "happiness and success" or they want "suffering and failure". One more thing that I always reminded them was "children, you have to respect and love yourself first before you can respect and love someone else". I guess, this is true, the way I see it. You have to set certain criteria on people or friends you want to be with. You have to put values on yourself high enough, the way my beloved niece, Syimah said one day. I love her very very much and absolutely agreed with her wisdom. I also love my other nieces and nephews as well. Nanti kecil hati pulak dia orang. She said "I know I am not pretty (I know she is pretty and adorable in her own ways), I know I am not so clever like my sister (she is clever, yes she is). but I do have certain standards that I want for anyone to be my friends or special boyfriend. I don't care what people say and I don't want to grab or take just anyone, just to please people or just for the sake of having a boyfriend. I won't do such a thing". I really like her. I definitely and completely agree with her. You have to love yourself. You deserve a better person, to be your friends. Don't put yourself too low. By doing this, it does not meant that you look down on people or you are too choosy. It is not true. It is just that you value yourself. Successful man used to say, "if you choose 5 loosers to be your friends, you will become an average of 5 of them. But if you choose 5 successful and clever men to be your friends, you will become an average of these 5 people". You just imagine that people that you are mixing with will have influences and determine the way you think, the way you act and the most important of all, determine your future. Everything that you experience today is the result of the choices that you have made in the past. I absolutely agree with it. I always reminded all of my children as well as Syimah, just like my own child, to have certain principle that they can follow, to be successful in life. Follow the closest example, our beloved prophet Muhammad SAW. Our religion taught us a lot how to survive and be successful in this world. If you follow that principle, you will never go wrong. Insyaallah....may God bless you, my children. The photo of my children including my niece, Syimah. They are so adorable, aren't they?. They are my inspirations, of course not to forget my beloved and dearest husband who was not in the photo (workerholic) but always in my mind, who is always there for me in all situations and circumstances as well as give me the support that I need.

4 ulasan:

  1. Ibu...i'm not out of focus Ibu...
    too much focusing is causing me to day dreaming...
    hehehe....

    BalasPadam
  2. Yes you are son. When I talked, you mind went all over the place.You see, if you have to focus too much, by right you become very sharp and alert but not day dreaming. Well son, you can improve for the better. I know you can as long as you know what you want.

    BalasPadam
  3. he doesn't know what he wants that's why he keep repeating the same mistakes..busted!

    BalasPadam
  4. Partly true I guess. Frankly speaking I am very worry about you son. I do. Ibu hope that you are really, really sure what exactly you want. Don't do something just because you want to please your family or others. When its involve a lot of money, you have to be sure and focus. "wanted to try philosophy is not going to take you anywhere". Believe me. You are really taking a very high risk here.Why ibu felt this way is, when Ibu asked you recently about you going to Egypt to do medicine,your answer was not so convincing. Ibu apologize for not believing in you. But whatever it is, my prayer is always be with you, son for your success in whatever you do.Your success is my happiness too.

    BalasPadam