Khamis, 17 Mac 2011

Budi dan sanjungan

When we are talking about "budi", all of us experienced it. Many people play an important role in our life and make us the way we are today. Kita terhutang budi kepada ibubapa, ahli keluarga, kawan-kawan, guru-guru dan lain-lain in many ways. I guess we cannot run away from receiving "budi" from people who really care about us. The question that I used to ask myself is whether can I repay back all the persons "yang telah berbudi" to me. Well, I guess I can in certain extend but not all. I remember one Malay proverb mentioned about "budi", "hutang emas boleh dibayar, hutang budi dibawa mati". I completely agree with this proverb because I feel that you will never be able to repay someone who has "berbudi" to you be it in the form of monetary, success or any form of repayment. I would like to tell you a story of one of my friend who was in great trouble. He needed RM2000 to pay his dept to a company within 2 days. If he failed to do so, his property will be taken away. At that time, he didn't have that amount of money. He kept asking around tried to borrow money from his friends and relatives but none of them could helped him. He only has one more day to find the money. Suddenly, he approached me. He had to put his ego and pride aside and asked me whether I could lend him the money. I felt sorry for him and straight away I said yes to his request. Furthermore, I have extra money that month. He promised to pay me back once he gets his salary in the following month. My other friends felt that I shouldn't have given the money to him because they thought that he won't be able to pay me back. Well, at that time I felt that I have to help him because I have the extra money. Sincerely I gave him the money and he thanked me many times. To cut the story short, the following month, he came to me and paid me back the whole amount. Before he left my office he said, "thank you very much, now I tak hutang you apa-apa, zero zero, OK". I looked at him and smiled. Is it true that he didn't owe me anything? Yes, in term of money because he already paid me back, but no if we are talking about "budi". No doubt that I got back my money but if I didn't give him the money in the first place when he was in trouble, probably his property would be gone by now. My sincere heart with God willing make that move to loan him the money despite the negative advice from my other friends. Can he pay back my sincerity in helping him when others rejected him? I think he can't. That's why I do agree with the above Malay proverb. "hutang budi dibawa mati". No such a thing as zero zero. Agree? Think about it..............
Some people when they do good things they want to be known. Suka disanjung-sanjung. I still remember my dearest Dad used to say to us all," sekiranya seseorang itu suka disanjung sanjung, itu adalah tanda orang yang tak beriman". So, kita janganlah suka di sanjung sanjung kerana ia akan menjadikan kita seorang yang angkuh dan sombong. I remembered one retro song, sang by Hermantino. Really an old song. I don't think youngsters know it. I heard the song on my way to work on the radio. The lyrics were so beautiful. It says.........
"tangan kanan memberi, sorokkan tangan kiri", "derma bukan tontonan, lakukan seikhlas hati"
"harta bukan milik mu, milik mu hanya rezeki","terkurang himpun lagi, terlebih memberilah"
"begitulah ajaran Nya, fikir-fikirlah sendiri". Kita mestilah selalu muasabah diri kita and try to make ourself better from time to time, follow the right track. Whatever we do, do it with sincerity and don't ask for something in return. Semoga Allah berkati kita di dunia dan di akhirat sana. InsyaAllah..

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan